The best connector to fit your needs is the one you design yourself! The Scorpion connector can be configured for use as a power connector, a signal level connector or a hybrid of the two. The possible contact variations are nearly limitless — build your own connector with any combination of modular tooling for a final one-piece insulator.
- Well suited to achieve the ideal blend of size, weight and power (SWaP) using modules with contact sizes 4, 8, 12, 16, 18, 22
- Large Surface Area (LSA) contact system for energy-saving, low contact resistance
- High conductivity contact materials are available to push the envelope of current carrying capability
- Five (5) options for power contact sizes (#4, 8, 12, 16 and 18)
- PosiBand closed entry contact design
- Tailor high voltage capability with optional spacers/blanks
- Sequential mating options
- Blind mating, float mount, panel mount and cable connector options
- Solder PCB mount, crimp and press-fit terminations
- Venting options for improved cooling
- Learn more about the low-profile option here.
- PICMG 3.8 is a part of the AdvancedTCA family of specifications that defines a set of connectors for data and management on the rear transition modules in PICMG 3.0 R3.0. A version of our popular Scorpion series was chosen as the power system management connector for this application.